Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Cascade. You are welcome to email, fax or submit a paper application to us. While resumes provide valuable information, they do not always tell your entire story. Therefore, we do require a City of Cascade Application in addition to the resume.
The City of Cascade maintains a drug free workplace which means pre-employment drug screening and a background screening are required for all positions, unless a specific exemption is stated in the job posting. City of Cascade is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Part-time position pay begins at $11.50 per hour BOE
General Statement of Duties:
Performs administrative and clerical work in support of the utilities billing, and customer service functions.
The principal function of an employee in this position is to perform administrative duties including customer service activities that require routine problem solving, decision making and office experience. The position must be able to project a professional and friendly image through in-person and phone interaction. The position primarily supports City staff as needed. Duties include: answering telephone and routing phone calls, greeting and directing visitors, answering citizen questions, assisting in park reservation, processing and reporting functions for utility billing, verifying meter readings prior to billing, prepares bank deposits, balancing cash drawer, researching and answering ordinance, zoning, complaint and violation questions. Duties are constantly evolving and changing and may include handling special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service by answering telephone and greeting walk-in customers, providing information, answering inquiries, and directing inquiries to the appropriate person;
- Determine and direct customer issues to appropriate person or department;
- Assist the Deputy Clerk as requested with the following:
- Track and monitor call out reports.
- Receive and process utility bills and payments, and balance and maintain cash drawer.
- Process, and issue pet licenses, city park reservations, vendor permits.
- Assist with monthly utility billing statements.
- Assist in monitoring delinquent accounts, prepares shut-off notices.
- Monitor and track data for the water tanks, wells, and lift stations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Any other duties assigned by City Clerk, Deputy Clerk Public Works Superintendent, or Mayor;
- City Notary
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Cash management and data entry;
- Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- General office practices and terminology;
- Must be able to work effectively with the public;
- Perform wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines;
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in timely manner.
Acceptable Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency supplemented by business school or college coursework in accounting, and secretarial skills.
- Considerable computer and clerical experience or equivalent combination and experience that provides the required skills and abilities to perform the work necessary.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid Idaho Driver’s License
- Pass Background Check
- Complete 90 Day Probationary Period