Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Cascade. You are welcome to email, fax or submit a paper application to us. While resumes provide valuable information, they do not always tell your entire story. Therefore, we do require a City of Cascade Application in addition to the resume.
The City of Cascade maintains a drug free workplace which means pre-employment drug screening and a background screening are required for all positions, unless a specific exemption is stated in the job posting. City of Cascade is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
For additional information and questions regarding employment opportunities within the City please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TITLE: PLANNING TECHNICIAN
General Statement of Duties:
Planning Technician performs routine administrative tasks related to the Building and Planning departments. Performs related tasks as required.
Responsible for overseeing the Planning and Zoning land use process. Responsible for overseeing of City projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and review building permits for compliance with the City’s land use code;
- Review planning documents for Code compliance and approval requirements, prepare necessary reports and findings;
- Provide information and assistance to developers, property owners and the public regarding policies and procedures with respect to the submission of plans, processing of applications, Code requirements and alternative options to meet Code requirements;
- Distribute land use applications to relevant agencies for review and comment, coordinate responses and alternatives as required;
- Review submitted application materials for compliance with the City’s Comprehensive Plan, agency policies, and other applicable criteria;
- Assist staff in preparing meeting and presentation materials (i.e. agendas, agenda bills, staff reports, findings and conclusions, and binders) for Planning Commission and/or City Council meetings;
- Assist staff at various public meetings for land use applications (i.e. Planning Commission, City Council) by presenting applications, reviewing presented materials, and answering questions;
- Creates and revises application forms, templates, review sheets and public information materials;
- Assists with grant administration tasks such as grant applications, tracking, and reporting.
- Assists with community development projects such as park improvements.
- Provides staff support for various City committees and commissions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Floodplain Administrator.
- Manages land use related code enforcement with City Code Enforcer.
- Assists in long-range or project-specific planning projects to develop and modify plans, policies, goals, objectives, guidelines and project specifications.
- Drafts new or revised codes, ordinances, administrative procedures and project specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning.
- Knowledge of a relevant specialization such as land use/zoning, transportation planning, environmental planning, urban design, housing, or economic development is desired.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of research and data collection.
- GIS programs and applications.
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to explain rules and procedures clearly to the public.
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve practical problems and address citizen inquiries and concerns.
- Ability to review plans and apply provisions of the City codes to determine compliance with such regulations and to apply regulations to field conditions.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate in-person and virtual public participation activities.
Acceptable Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Regional Planning or closely related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in relevant planning work experience, but not required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid Idaho Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain AICP within 12 months of hire.
- Pass Background Check
- Complete 90 Day Probationary Period
RFQ - City Engineer and Planning Support
The City of Cascade, Idaho, is soliciting proposals from qualified Engineers and Planners for assistance in
ON-CALL CITY ENGINEERING and PLANNING SUPPORT
Professional services required are likely to include review of land use applications, Design and construction
management of City Projects, and assistance with preparation of grant applications.
For additional information, contact City Clerk, Janice Van Winkle, by e-mail at email@example.com or by
telephone at (208) 382-4279.
REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
ON-CALL CITY ENGINEERING and PLANNING SUPPORT
CITY OF CASCADE, IDAHO
PROJECT DESCRIPTION AND SCOPE OF WORK
The City of Cascade, Idaho, is soliciting proposals from qualified Engineers and Planners for assistance in ON-CALL CITY ENGINEERING and PLANNING SUPPORT
Professional services required are likely to include review of land use applications, Design and construction management of City Projects, and assistance with preparation of grant applications.
The proposal must be organized in sections containing the following information:
- Description of Firm. Describe your firm’s legal structure, areas of expertise, length of time in business, number of employees, and other information that would help to characterize the firm. Provide the address of the main office (for legal purposes and the address of the office that will manage the
- Experience. Briefly describe other projects executed by your firm that demonstrate relevant experience. However, extensive descriptions of vaguely related projects are discouraged. Also list all public sector clients for whom you have performed similar work in the past five years. For each project mentioned, include the name, address and phone number of a person who can be contacted regarding your performance on the project. When submitting projects for which your firm worked in an auxiliary capacity or in a joint venture or partnership, include the name of the lead firm.
- Key Personnel. Provide a professional resume for the key people proposed to be assigned to the project (including any important sub-consultants), and describe relevant related experience. Describe key personnel’s proposed roles and responsibilities on this project. Submittals must identify a proposed project manager who would be responsible for the day-to-day management of project tasks and would be the primary point of contact with your firm. An organization chart of the project team may be
- Project Approach. Describe the tasks that must be accomplished to complete the project. Provide a narrative description of how the firm proposes to execute the tasks. If applicable, discuss any unique aspects of the project, alternative approaches the City of Cascade might wish to consider or special considerations related to programmatic/funding requirements. Your firm should rely on its expertise and experience with similar projects to demonstrate how it will effectively complete the
- Professional References. Provide references for similar work done for clients similar to the City Cascade.
All questions concerning the procedures of this request for qualifications shall be directed to City Clerk, Janice Van Winkle, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All project specific questions shall be directed Mayor Judith Nissula by e-mail at email@example.com
No questions will be accepted by telephone. All questions will be responded to by e-mail, within three days of receipt of the question(s).
Interested firms are encouraged to submit a contact e-mail address to Janice Van Winkle at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to be included on an electronic mailing list. Firms on the mailing list will receive copies of the response to all project questions submitted. No firms will be identified in the responses. No project specific questions will be accepted after November 08, 2021.
- Proposal Deadline. Proposals must be received no later than 4:45 PM (MDT) on November 10, 2021. Proposals must be submitted via e-mail at email@example.com with the project name and consultant’s name clearly indicated in the subject line. Late proposals will not be considered.
- Proposal Format.
- Required File Format: PDF
- The maximum length of the submittal is 3 pages
- Cover letters, organization charts, and resumes count toward the page total.
- Front and back cover pages are acceptable, and do not count in the proposal page total.
- Except as otherwise noted, pages must be 8 1/2 x 11 inches and single sided.
- Type style must not be more than six lines per vertical inch and not smaller than 11 point.
- Revisions to RFQ All addenda to this solicitation will be posted to the City of Cascade web Page. No notice will be given by mail or email.
- Conflict of Interest By the submission of a proposal, the Consultant agrees to ensure that, at the time of contracting, the Consultant will have no interest, direct or indirect, that would conflict in any manner or degree with the performance of the Consultant’s obligations under the Agreement. The Consultant shall further covenant that, in the performance of the contract, the Consultant shall not employ any person, or subcontract with any entity, having any such known interest.
Proposals will be ranked on qualifications and the City of Cascade may choose to interview several of the top ranked firms. However, at its discretion, the City of Cascade may dispense with interviews and select a firm to perform the work. Firms will be evaluated on the basis of the following factors:
- Firm History and Capability to Perform Project
- Relevant Project Experience
- Qualifications of Project Team
- Familiarity with Area and Project
- Project Approach
Selected references will be contacted.
A selection committee appointed by the City of Cascade will assist with firm evaluations and make recommendations to the City Council who will make the final selection. The City of Cascade will seek to negotiate a contract, a detailed scope of work, fee schedule, etc. with the preferred firm. If unable to reach an agreement, the City of Cascade will terminate negotiations and commence negotiations with the second-ranked firm, and so forth.
The City of Cascade expects to evaluate proposals and provide written notification of the short-listed firms within 30 days of receipt of proposals. If interviews are held, they will be scheduled within 2 weeks of short-list notification.
This Request for Qualifications does not commit the City of Cascade to enter into an agreement or to pay any costs incurred in the preparation of a proposal or in subsequent negotiations.