Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Cascade. You are welcome to email, fax or submit a paper application to us. While resumes provide valuable information, they do not always tell your entire story. Therefore, we do require a City of Cascade Application in addition to the resume.
The City of Cascade maintains a drug free workplace which means pre-employment drug screening and a background screening are required for all positions, unless a specific exemption is stated in the job posting. City of Cascade is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
General Statement of Duties:
Performs a variety of organizational, administrative and clerical duties in support of the City Clerk. Responsible for organizing Planning & Zoning meetings and processes and coordinating work flow within Planning & Zoning.
The principal function of an employee in this position is to perform administrative duties including customer service activities that require routine problem solving, decision making and office experience. The position must be able to project a professional and friendly image through in-person and phone interaction. The position primarily supports City staff as needed and acting as City Clerk in the absence of the City Clerk. Duties include: answering telephone and routing phone calls, greeting and directing visitors, answering citizen questions, assisting in park reservation, researching and answering ordinance, zoning, complaint and violation questions. Duties are constantly evolving and changing and may include handling special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to:)
- Provide customer service by answering telephone and greeting walk-in customers, providing information, answering inquiries, and directing inquiries to the appropriate person;
- Work closely with Public Works Supervisor with new water/sewer hook-up scheduling
- Preparing monthly DMR reports
- Track and Monitor Call Out reports
- Maintaining accurate customer accounts and process monthly reports
- Receive and process utility bills and payments, and balance and maintain cash drawer
- Monitors delinquent accounts, prepares shut-off notices, and negotiates payment agreements per established guidelines.
- Monitor and track data for the water tanks, wells, and lift stations.
- Prepare and submit monthly water monitoring is performed as required by regulatory agencies;
- Prepare and submit monthly wastewater monitoring is performed as required by regulatory agencies;
- Assists public works department clerical operations as needed.
- Process, and issue pet licenses, city park reservations, vendor permits
- Coordinate funeral arrangements at Margaret Cemetery with funeral director and public works department;
- Collects and processes cash received, properly recording receipts and maintaining the cash drawer;
- Prepare and provide for legal publication for all Planning & Zoning meetings, hearing, resolutions, ordinances, and notices in accordance with State and local laws;
- Act as the City’s designated administrator for the Planning & Zoning Commission,
- Attends Planning & Zoning meetings, takes and prepares minutes;
- Prepares and distributes Planning & Zoning agenda and information packets;
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Any other duties assigned by City Clerk, Treasurer, Public Works Superintendent, or Mayor;
- City Notary
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Cash management;
- General office practices and terminology;
- Must be able to work effectively with the public;
- Perform wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines;
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in timely manner.
Acceptable Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency supplemented by business school or college coursework in accounting, and secretarial skills.
- Considerable computer and clerical experience or equivalent combination and experience that provides the required skills and abilities to perform the work necessary.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid Idaho Driver’s License
- Pass Background Check
- Complete 90 Day Probationary Period